Friday, February 8, 2013

Model A Ford - Mitchell Gear Splitter OverDrive System


Mitchell Gear Splitter


Introductory Video for Installing the Mitchell Gear Splitter
Mitchell Gear Splitter available in 27% and a 33% O/D ratio, The internals are simple...and in underpowered cars like model A's when being "toured" in the mountains, the ability to split-shift is a nice feature. After they are 'worn in' a bit, you can shift them on-the-fly without even depressing the clutch pedal, just lift and flip it in and out of O/D as need be. If I had to give a negative, I would say that the extra gear shift lever protruding from the floor can be a nuisance --especially in cars that have tight floor spaces.







Source URL's: 


1 comment:

  1. I am starting to get my 29 back together again. I have a mitchell od that I want to put in. What is the correct rear end ratio to use with this? I currently have a 4.11 in the car.

    ReplyDelete